• RSS
  • Back to Main
  • Wix Site
  • Twitter

Recent Articles

Uncovering: Idol Magic
J-Artist of the Week: Rie Fu
K-Artist of the Week: Girl's Day

ShoutMix chat widget

About Me

My photo
Brazil
J/K-pop addicted~ Drawing and learning HTML :3

Follow Meeee!

Want to be my partner?

Spread the music!
Created by Desenvolvimento Blogger

Visitors

Partners

Teh Newz: The "OMG SO MANY STUFFZ RELEASED" Edition

Take your time and enjoy~

Idol Randomness: Immortal Song 2 Highlights

It's just amazing...

Spazz with Me: 'I Am The Best' Concept Photos

BOM-RA-TA-TA-TA TA-TA-TA-TA TA

Take Notice: Real Paradis - Kaze to Oka no Ballad

Some kind of magical song...

Teh Newz: exist†trace's TRUE and f(x)'s Hot Summer

The exist†trace fierce girls are back with an astounding

    Last week, while searching for some old BoA music videos, I accidentally found a young girl singer named Kang Min Kyung. She was so pretty that I decided to search her songs on YouTube. Later, I found out that she was actually part of a ballad duo called Davichi. Now, how could I not know them for so long? I mean, I had heard their name due to them being under the same agency as T-ara and SeeYa, but... Why did I ignore them? This is THE ballad group. As an example of their superior quality, I'm going to review this album, which is my current favorite: "Davichi in Wonderland"

 The album's cover

    Starting off with the lead track "8282", the girls give us a fresh experience. The beginning seems like a typical sad song, but then it takes an unexpected turn when a fast chorus comes in. The song then is established as a mix of ballads with pop tunes. A mainstream track indeed.  


    While "8282" was chosen as the lead track for obvious reason, which were correctly assumed since it turned out to be a hit in South Korea, I reckon the song is just the opening act of a much better album to come. The next song, "사고쳤어요 (Sagochyeosseoyo)", presents a smooth atmosphere. This scenario favors an impressive showcase of the duo's voices. It kinda reminds me of Korean dramas soundtracks. Maybe it was featured in one?

     After a more emotive moment, "My Man" (track 03) brings a fun feeling along with a catchy melody. This track even has its own music video, featuring some great engrish sentences... lol


    I want to congratulate whoever chose the order of the songs in the album. It balances upbeat and sad songs extremely well. And the next tune isn't an exception to this sentimental roller-coaster. "사랑이 우습니 (Sarangi Ooseumni)" is your usual K-Pop ballad. But that doesn't take the credits of Davichi for making it so great even when it's generic.  

    The climax of "Davichi in Wonderland", at least in my opinion, happens in the fifth track "오르골 (Orgel)". A beautifully executed, dark melody accompanied by piano, strings and the superb vocals from the girls create a perfect symphony of emotions. Highlight for the vocal solo followed by an instrumental solo just a little after the middle of the song.


    Closing the package, "Crazy Woman" features label-mate SeeYa. While the song does have a SeeYa feeling all over it, it doesn't overshadow Davichi's style and continues the album all-kill status. A pretty song.

    "Davichi in Wonderland" is just a small, yet brilliant demonstration of the group's incredible talent. Their discography has many more awesome songs and I definitely recommend you to check it out! As always, if you liked the album, please support the artist by purchasing their music!     
    
    PS: Well, as you probably noticed, I was really inspired to write this post, which actually made me took a little longer to complete it. In the end, it came out as a nice review... Maybe the "Take Notice" should become more like this. Time is my enemy though xD


Leave a Reply